Thursday, November 17, 2005

Greatest hits? nope. Favorite post? yes!!! mis pininos, pues...(or in english, my pinins, haha)

Silence of the trash

It has been raining this close to the sun. It has been blowing some wind too, making a mess.

Tuesday morning I had to fetch from the street some things that I usually have in my garage.

I found 2 flower pots on the sidewalk; my large, graphite garbage can was missing, lid & everything.

I looked around for it, and like any crime perpetrated in a cartoon, a revealing trail was left.

This time the trail was little plastic bags full with trash.

I followed the trail with my eyes, thinking “man, I’ll have to pick this up”… 2 houses down, across the street, and there it was.

I also saw it next door. And in the next house. It will sound racist and politically incorrect, but they all DO look alike.

The trail of trash was my only valid clue. I went there and lift the lid: more little plastic bags & a pizza box.

Check. Could be ours.

I had to look at 1 of the bags to be sure. I picked one and looked at it, holding my breath.

Diapers. Jackpot.

I felt like a third-world Clarice Starling, looking for clues to identify a serial killer.
I longed for a nice glass of chilled Chianti (insert your own creepy slurping sound here).

Yey, no handle. Definitely ours.

Hey, no handle.

I had to drag the big, graphite garbage can, holding it from the edge of the container, with my hand inside the thing.

Eeww.

Did I mention it rained?I dragged it thru standing water on the street, and it made a long, loud and annoying noise.The kind of long, loud and annoying noise something makes when you don’t want people noticing you.

7 comments:

Sergio said...

por que es politicamente incorrecto?

Por la pronunciacion? o por que en realidad si eran iguales?

Me acordaste cuando de niño decia of nothing. para decir: you're welcome.

Claude Sandbed said...

porque es politicamente incorrecto generalizar a una raza o nación, por ejemplo. El decir "todos los mexicanos son iguales", es P.I. ; "todos los berrinches son iguales"; "todas las mamás son iguales"; "todo el chocolate es igual". Generalizar es P.I., por que generalmente no es cierto. Aunque estemos hablando de un bote sucio de basura.
Pero no te preoucpes, SIEMPRE pasa.

CXR9006 said...

porke borraste el comentario wey
una madre mas tarde pero pos uviras puesto nose una pendejada wey era mi cumple wey jejeje

Claude Sandbed said...

???

Mufaker said...

Man... this was kinda confusing. But maybe its because i have not slept in 3 days, finals...

Un blog en español e ingles.. me gusta :)

Your Bro said...

You have made a poem from trash.

I like your style.

Keep it up...

See you... Be the way, how are you feeling now? Are you better from your sickness?

Kisses and hugesses... hehehe

Teresa la que Canta said...

Sooooo P.I.!!! that if MY garbage knew, that YOURS have a "Large Graphite Garbage Can" (just like the rest of your neighbors), some feelings might be hurt, for certain! for a can in the rain, must be better than a small supermarket's bag.

T.