Saturday, November 19, 2005

Regarding romantic songs...

There are romantic songs that are OK to hear once, but you can listen to them twice or more times in a row, under your own risk of falling under a diabetic coma.
Like Dion’s “My heart will go on”, and just about any Houston’s.
(we’ll staaaay, foreeeveer this waaay,
and you know that my heart will go ooon and ooon)

There are romantic songs that sound nice, but if you pay attention to the lyrics, they are just plain creepy. Perfect examples:

The Police’s “Every breath you take”:
(every breath you take, every move you make, I’ll be watching you)

and Maroon 5 “She will be loved”:
(I don’t mind standing everyday,
out in the corner under pouring rain….
Tap on my window, knock on my door, I
want to make you feel beautiful)

There’s another kind of romantic songs that are not so sweet, but really give credit where credit is due. They acknowledge the other-half’s involvement in the relationship, letting them know that we are not perfect.

Madonna’s “Cherish”:
(So tired of broken hearts, of losing at this game,
before I start this dance
I take a chance of telling you
I want more than just romance)

Alanis’ “Head over feet”:
(You are the bearer of unconditional things

You held your breath and the door for me
Thanks for your patience…
You totally won me over, in spite of me)

But the perfect romantic song, in my most humbled opinion, is :

Billy Joel’s “For the longest time”.
There is no vein’s slashing, no perfect image of each other, not even the certainty that the love will last forever… just the promise that he will hold her as long as he can. A capella.
I know it’s long to read, but if you have the chance, I recommend you guys to hear it. It’s nice and not comatose in any way.

Oh, oh, oh For the longest time
Oh, oh, oh For the longest time
If you said goodbye to me tonight
There would still be music left to write
What else could i do
I'm so inspired by you
That hasn't happened for the longest time
Once i thought my innocence was gone
Now i know that happiness goes on
That's where you found me
When you put your arms around me
I haven't been there for the longest time
Oh, oh, ohFor the longest time
Oh, oh, ohFor the longest
I'm that voice you're hearing in the hall
And the greatest miracle of all
Is how i need you And how you needed me too
That hasn't happened for the longest time
Maybe this won't last very long
But you feel so right
And i could be wrong
Maybe i've been hoping too hard
But i've gone this far
And it's more than i hoped for
Who knows how much further we'll go on
Maybe i'll be sorry when you're gone
I'll take my chances
I forgot how nice romance is
I haven't been there for the longest time
I had second thoughts at the start
I said to myself
Hold on to your heart
Now i know the woman that you are
You're wonderful so far
And it's more than i hoped for
I don't care what consequence it brings
I have been a fool for lesser things
I want you so bad
I think you ought to know that I
intend to hold you for the longest time

18 comments:

tiny*glowing*fairy said...

Que bonita cancion...!! la voy a bajar.. :)


saludos q tengas un lindo fin de semana..

Mufaker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mufaker said...

I feel ya, diabetic comas are shitty.

But yeah i cant listen to romantic songs all the time, i have bands that i can only listen to in specific moments, such as being really happy i can listen to some "autolux" or "my bloody valentine" both of which are really sad lovely and depresive in a weird psychodelic way.

"Air" is also good. two french DJ's that write wonderfully of women, but yeah it brings tears to my eyes if im going thru one of my depresive moments.

Toodles.

(plural doesnt need apostrofe har har)

Denise said...

Claude, no solo la leí, la bajé, es hermooosaa... tenés que oír una de Jack Johnson que se llama "Better Together" y otra que es "Banana Pancakes", son hermosas sin ser demasiado pastelosas...
Saludos!

ps... me encanta leerte, sé que es algo que la gente suelta mucho en la blogosfera, pero lo digo de corazón!

Claude Sandbed said...

Fairy: no vayan a decir luego que promuevo illegal downloads!! jeje...

Mufaker and Denise: I haven't heard of the songs that you said, I'll look into them...

Also Mufaker: don't worry so much about grammar, man... relax...but it's true, the apostrofe is not needed in plural...

Thank y'all...

FabBs said...

Esas rolas son muy buenas!
son asi como de.. rompe y rasga!! pero buenas n_n
Salu2

Masgorelli said...

I don't heard this song, but l believe the music is to bind to your memories, why don't hear "pavido navido" it's beautiful.

Claude Sandbed said...

mmm...

jessica_luna_púrpura said...

i suggest (¿that?) you mocharse with that song
i think one of the greatest things ever written is something that says "and bingo was his name, oh!"
jojojojojoj
bueno, es que canciones lindas hay muuuchas, pero usted mochese con la mencionada, si, si, si??
p,d. gracias por la visita

Loocila said...

no entendì pero nada

Claude Sandbed said...

jessica luna: con mucho gusto me mocharía, pero mis habilidades cybernéticas no son muchas... no sé subir canciones, pues...

Amanda Gris said...

si, el Pavido navido y Ramoooona te quieeeero

definitivamente son straight from the heart!!!

greetings sis!!

Negra said...

Un 10 Para Masgorelli!!! Por cierto, le faltó "los Males de Micaela" y "Carmen, se me perdió la cadenita"

-Saludos.

tiny*glowing*fairy said...

oye. la de bryan adams, everything I do... es linda tambien...!
Y por ahi lei que air son buenos, no son buenos, son buenisimos!!

Claude Sandbed said...

pues escuché la de Pávido Návido, y esa frase tan sincera y sin pretenciones del "el cordón del churumbel" hizo que corriera una lágrima por mi mejilla...

εїз maripOsa*sOcial εїз said...

conozco esa cancion demasiado bien... a mi mama y a mi papa les encanta y aparte estaba en un CD que ponian frecuentemente en el rest. de mis papas...
divine music...
Ciao Claudia Camarena...

εїз maripOsa*sOcial εїз said...

hijole que maleducada yo...
mil gracias por el link!!!
me siento mas que agraciada de rozar con un espacio de su blog...
thx...

Angie said...

Ah pues para "creepy songs", "Two Steps Behind" es como la cancion del stalker por excelencia...
Que chistosas estan las cosas que escribes de tus hijos por cierto :)