Saturday, October 27, 2007

A restraining order is in order…

On Friday morning, I dropped Isaac off at school at 8:15. I have to stay a while (treasurer business) so I left at about 8:35.

Then, a fellow kinder-mom followed me home.

At school, I park on the other side of the block, away from the entrance and the traffic. I didn’t see her parking there. She said she was.

I even had to make a U-turn, and supposedly passed next to her. I didn’t see her. She said she waved and honked her horn, repeatedly. I didn’t hear her.

She did not accompany me home: she followed me. She waited until I got in my car, and then stealthy followed me home. She said that she honked her horn all the way to my house (about 4 blocks from school). There is NO WAY I could not have heard her.

I got home, and I hadn’t come out of my car yet, and there she was, standing behind my car, waving. Wanted to talk to me about something regarding her kid and another child, not mine. But still she wanted to talk to me: If I knew the other child's address or phone, if Ithought the teacher was any good, if my child had been a victim or had been a bully or some kind, etc.

That was freaky in SO many ways. She said that she felt that I could understand her, that I would support her. By the way, she was the one that immediately asked if I had already paid this month’s cooperation, when she found out I was the new treasurer.

So I knew she trusted me tons back then.

She had a problem that did not concern me. It was a school matter.
Her being uninvited to my home concerned me. That is a civil rights matter.


She stayed for an hour and a half. I tried to calm her, and to make her see the light. Of course, she did not.

I'm just a simple treasurer; I don't mind helping people. But I believe that there are appropriate channels to be taken.

I already talked to the teacher.
Let’s see what happens on Monday.



All the hassle, none of the fun! I should have gone to Vegas, for real!

12 comments:

Liss said...

Uuuhhhh, creepy!!

No te vayan a querer secuetrar. con eso q creen que tienes los meros billetes por ser la tesorera...

Denise said...

Qué señora más rara... a mí me daría un miedoooo
:-P

Marcela said...

that sure is odd...
why would she follow you around like that??
did you actually invite her in to stay the hour and half?? you're too nice... I'd have told her I needed to run errands or something and not let her in.

maybe she's too lonely, but definitely sounds like the stalker kind and those don't make good friends anyway.

it is very creepy that she did not approach you at school and instead followed you home... very restraining order indeed.

how are you going to avoid her?

Claude Sandbed said...

I said "good morning" today to her, as politely as I could... and kept on walking. She was talking with another mom... probably her next victim...

jessica_luna_púrpura said...

buuuuu, me gustan mas en español, porque asi no pierden sabor vuestros poss, missy
gueno,ahi pa la otra

Claude Sandbed said...

ah Jessica, hay ciertas cosas que le nacen a uno en inglés, ni modo...

trataré de no hacerlo muy seguido, I promise...

Marcela said...

you know what's funny?
I had not noticed that it's in english... I guess I just read you and don't register whether it's in one language or the other...

juralo que los cables ya estan super cruzados y eso lo explica :P

que te dijeron en la escuela de tu stalker??

Claude Sandbed said...

oui oui...

things are going to stand as they are, for a while... if nothing else happens, that's good. We'll see...

book or no book?

titopresley@hotmail.com said...

CUIDADO, EXPLICALE QUE LOS TIEMPOS NO ESTAN COMO PARA ENTENDER ESTAS SITUACIONES, Y ELLA DEBE COMPRENDER QUE TE SIENTAS EXTRAÑADA DE SU COMPORTAMIENTO, NO FUE MUY BUENA IDEA TUYA INVITARLA A TU CASA, LAS BUENAS MANERAS DEBEN SER RECIPROCADAS, Y A TU CASA DEBE DE IR SOLO POR EXPRESA INVITACION O CUANDO TACITAMENTE SE COMPRENDA, (AMIGAS, PARIENTES ETC.)
CUIDATE, AMORCIN.

Angie said...

crazy lady...
so, what happened? it's monday already! dish!

Claude Sandbed said...

jajjaa...
OMG, nothing happened...

Actually, I haven't seen the lady. She must be hiding much better now.

ta ta!

Marcela said...

Read my post today... I just tagged you :)